• Phone: (219) 873-2122
    What is Adult Education?

    Books Students receive individualized instruction in reading, writing, math, and TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) preparation. With flexible hours, students can find time suitable for classes. Call (219) 873-2122 for complete information. 
    Who may attend?
    • Individuals age sixteen or older who are out of school
    • Individuals preparing for the TASC
    • High school graduates in need of remediation
    • Individuals whom are foreign-born to learn or improve English
    • Individuals who want to "brush up" on forgotten academic skills

    Can I get a regular High School Diploma?

    No... only HSE (High School Equivalency) diplomas are offered.
     TASC Preparation


    A.K. Smith Career Center, 817 Lafayette St

    • Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
    • Young Adult Learners (16-17 years of age only): Monday and Wednesday 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    • ESL: Monday and Wednesday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

    LaPorte WorkOne, Sagamore Center, 300 Legacy Plaza West
    • Monday and Tuesday 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
    • Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
    No classes on Fridays
Last Modified on September 12, 2016