Kindergarten Enrollment Information
2023-24 School Year
Kindergarten students must be age 5 by August 1, 2023*
Once you have submitted the basic information at the link above, an MCAS staff member will review your request. Then, you'll receive an automated email from Michigan City Area Schools with instructions on creating a PowerSchool Parent account. Please complete all forms in PowerSchool under “Forms” and “Enrollment.” (Do NOT complete forms under the "Registration" tab.) If you don't receive this email in a few days, call the school where your child will be attending and the secretary can assist you.
To complete the enrollment forms, you'll need PDFs or JPGs of the following:
- your child's official birth certificate (from the State Board of Health)
- parent/guardian's driver's license or state photo ID
- proof of residency (utility bill, property tax bill, lease agreement on business letterhead, public assistance documentation, etc.)
- immunization records and proof of lead screening. (Your child must be up to date by the first day of school in August!)
You'll also be asked for emergency contact information for your child.
Need help? Schools will be open on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, from 12:00-6:00pm if you need to drop off documents or need other assistance with enrollment.
Please call if you need additional information!
Coolspring Elementary – 9121 W. 300 North – (219) 873-2073
Edgewood Elementary – 502 Boyd Circle – (219) 873-2079
Joy Elementary – 1600 E Coolspring Avenue – (219) 873-2090
Knapp Elementary – 321 Bolka Avenue – (219) 873-2096
Lake Hills Elementary – 201 Ferguson Road – (219) 873-2105
Marsh Elementary – 401 E Homer Street – (219) 873-2102
Pine Elementary – 1660 County Line Road – (219) 873-2114
Springfield Elementary – 3054 West 800 North – (219) 873-2117
Not sure which school your child would attend? Call the MCAS Transportation Dept. at (219) 873-2127 for assistance -- or check our boundary maps.
* Please note that children must be age 5 by August 1, 2023 to enter MCAS Kindergarten. If your child has a birthday between August 2 and October 1 and you believe they may be high-ability, contact the principal of the school they will attend to request an early entrance screening exam. Students admitted to kindergarten early must also have attended a preK program.
We can't wait to welcome the Class of 2036!
Enjoy this video, which takes you inside one of our MCAS Kindergarten classrooms!