MCAS District Health ServicesServices Provided by MCAS School Nurses:
- Illness, injury assessments and interventions
- Screening for health factors impacting student education
- Medication administration
- Chronic disease management and education
- Crisis team participation
- Health education of students, staff, and parents
- Immunization Requirements and Monitoring
- Communicable disease control
- Assessment and interventions for students with mental health needs
- Promoting a safe school environment!
PROCEDURE FOR SEEING THE NURSE
- Students who become ill should report to their teacher and obtain a pass before going to the nurse.
- All students with a personal injury, other than one of an emergency nature, must have a pass to the clinic from their teacher.
- No student will be sent home unless a parent or guardian is contacted by the nurse.