Welcome to Barker Middle School Athletics!
Stephanie Lundy, Athletic Director
(219)873-2057 ext 7300
MICHIGAN CITY AREA SCHOOLS
2020 FALL SPORTS INFORMATION
Michigan City Area Schools will open athletic facilities for fall middle and elementary school sports beginning, Monday, August 17, 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, there will be modifications made to the sports programs.
Rules and Regulations
- Athletic Physicals must be on file in the Barker or Krueger Office prior to students participating. NO student will be allowed to workout without a physical and the completion of the required physical form or the waivers linked below.
- The IHSAA and MCHS is allowing student athletes to use 2019-20 physicals for the 2020-21 school year when accompanied with the 2020-21 IHSAA HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE, CONSENT & RELEASE CERTIFICATE AND MCHS MEDICAL WAIVER.
- Physical forms are available on the athletic website or in school offices.
- All students will be required to bring their own water bottle or jug. Student’s name must be clearly written on the bottle.
- Locker rooms will be available at 50% capacity.
- Restrooms will be available for each facility.
- The wearing of masks is required for all participants unless actively engaged in vigorous activities. This includes to and from games
- All practices and conditioning sessions are CLOSED to the public, including parents.
- Transportation will be provided to games only. There will be no activity bus or transportation provided to practices.
- Social distancing is required at all times when not actively participating in workouts.
- Attendance at games will be limited so as to allow for social distancing.
Student Expectations During Fall Sports
- Do NOT attend workouts if you are not feeling well, have a fever or have recently been exposed to the Covid-19 virus.
- Do NOT attend workouts if you have been exposed to Covid 19 until you have gone through the proper quarantine, which is 14 days from the time of exposure.
- Wash workout clothes and take a shower at home after each practice/conditioning session.
- When not working out keep a reasonable distance away from teammates when possible.
- Wash hands after using the restroom.
- Do not share gloves or other workout items.
- Make certain your ride is here when you finish your workout. Students should not be congregating while waiting for their ride home.
- We will not be monitoring students’ transportation to and from practice.
- We ask that all students be picked up no later than 15 minutes after practice.
- If you are riding to and from practice with other students, prior parental approval is required.
Fall Sport Contact Information
Barker 7th Volleyball
Barker 8th Volleyball
Krueger 7th Volleyball
Krueger 8th Volleyball
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS
- Ensure that you have a physical on file in the Athletic Office. This can be done in the School Office. Please bring your waivers in and have us check to make sure your physical from 2019-20 is on file. Otherwise, you must bring a newly completed physical exam into the Athletic Office.
- Fill out the IHSAA waiver and MCAS waiver. These can be found in the School Office.
- You are cleared for participation once we have a physical and the two completed waivers on file in the School Office.