Welcome to Our Class
I am one of the 3 Pathways teachers within the Pathways Program. You can find us on the 3rd floor of the Elston building, next to the AK Smith Career Center.
Rules for the Pathways Program:
1. NOTES- NOT required, but they will be if you consistently fail a unit exam or the end of semester test. Consistently means more than twice.
2. EXAMS- Done without your cell phone, in-person ONLY. This includes unit exams, the end-of-semester exam, and the pre-tests.
3. MASTERY QUIZZES- 60% or greater is passing, but there is NO minimum time or score requirement
4. PHONES- Students who are on pace or ahead of pace are allowed. Students who are not, must have their phones out.
5. UNLOCKING- email me and let me know which mastery tests you need unlocked
6. COURSES- done in about 3 weeks, only 1 or 2 at a time, 2 - 3 hours spent on coursework per day is expected
7. COURSE FAILURE- if you take an end-of-semester exam and your final grade on the course is less than 60%, I reserve the right to erase your progress and make you start over.
8. COMMON COURTESY- respond to emails, be kind, ask permission
Meet the Teacher
Hello! My name is Nicole Ballinger and I am one of the new Pathways teachers this year! I'm very excited to be part of Michigan City Area Schools and the Pathways Program.
Quick Facts About Me:
- I graduated from Concord High School in 2017, where I played trumpet in the marching band.
- I recently graduated from Purdue University in West Lafeyette, Indiana in December of 2021, majoring in Social Studies Education.