Michigan City High School is partnering with Diversity Squared to connect graduating seniors with employment and other post-secondary opportunities in the region.
The “City Connect” program supplements existing school counseling efforts, serving MCHS seniors who have not established firm post-graduation plans. Diversity Squared, a consulting firm with strong workforce preparation and placement experience, will assist these students through one-on-one and small-group sessions, helping them determine next steps aligned with their areas of interest.
City Connect activities include:
- Workshops focused on soft skills, work ethics, and related skills to ensure students’ readiness for the workplace, military, or community college.
- Small-group sessions to promote awareness of job-placement opportunities and high-demand fields in Michigan City and surrounding areas.
- Guest speakers and field trips to area businesses for first-hand observations and connections with potential employers.
- Tours of Ivy Tech, along with information about industry certifications and training programs such as Next Level Jobs and Crossing the Finish Line.
- Assistance with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and information about financial aid options for post-secondary education.
Students are identified for the City Connect program by school counselors. If you are interested in taking part, fill out the interest survey HERE by September 23.
Companies and organizations interested in participating in the program or providing opportunities for graduating seniors should contact Diversity Squared at (219) 321-0005 or email@example.com