Since we will be meeting virutally everyday here is some information that you will need to know:
- Everyday you are required to login to the Zoom page https://mcas-k12-in-us.zoom.us/j/89863843000 Classroom by 8:45.
- Each day you will be " Virtually in school from 8:45am -3:00pm.
- We will have a lunch break from 11:30-12:10 everyday, you will not log off during that time. You may close your camrea lense but you must remain on the Zoom link.
- This virtual school will consist of live and recorded content. The videos will be shared with you on Seesaw.
Here is our Daily Schedule. The schedule may change due to specials.
- 8:45-9:10 Morning work
- 9:10-9:40 Morning Meeting
- 9:40-9:50 Bathroom break
- 9:50-10:50 Specials
- 10:50- 11:30 Math
- 11:30-12:10 Lunch/ recess ( DO NOT LOG OFF!)
- 12:10- 1:45 ( Reading,Skills block and small groups)
- 1:45-1:155 Restroom/ Break
- 1:55-2:15 Writing
- 2:15-3:00 Work Time ( anything you haven’t finished)/ Meet with the teacher
Here is the link to my " Virtual Back to School Night " powerpoint. This powerpoint will give you some information about our class.
Links to websites we visit everyday:
Video on how to access:
- Raz Kids-How to get to Raz Kids
Supplies that you will need for our virtual classroom:
- A device (chromebook OR TABLET, provided through MCAS)
- Internet connection Videos on how to access:
- Headphones with a microphone
- Pencils (with erasers)
- Glue sticks
- EL Student Workbook (provided through the school)
- Math workbook ( I have printed it off and sent it home)
- Primary Writing Journal
Meet the Teacher
My name is Caitlin Dvorscak and this is my 2nd year teaching Special Education in Michigan
City. I am very excited to work with your child and push them to do their best! This may be
though of as a diffuclt upcoming year but I think if we all work together we will have a
I graduated in May of 2019 from PNW in Westville, IN. I got engaged in March of 2018, was suppose tol be getting married in June of 2020 but that changed due to COVID-19, I am now getting married in July of 2021. My fiancé and I have two amazing dogs that we love coming home to everyday. I am very excited to get to know and work with your children this year. If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Getting to know me!
Name: Caitlin Dvorscak
Occupation: Moderate-Severe Disabilities Special Education Teacher
Degree: Early Childhood Education
Children: Dogs: Lucy (Beagle terrier ) 13 years old, Ellie ( basset hound) 3 years old
Favorite color: Purple and grey
Favorite food: Chicken gnocchi soup ( from Olive garden)
Favorite thing to do on my free time: Spend time with family and friends
Contact me at:Email: Cdvorscak@mcas.k12.in.usPhone: (219) 873-2096Please reach out to me on Class dojo for a fast responce.