Welcome to Our ClassI am one of 3 Pathways teachers in the Pathways Program. We are located on the 3rd floor of the Elston building, next to the AK Smith Career Center.Some rules to remember about our Pathways program:
1. NOTES- NOT required, but they will be if you consistently fail a unit exam or the end of semester test. Consistently means more than twice.
2. EXAMS- Done without your cell phone, in-person ONLY. This includes unit exams, the end-of-semester exam, and the pre-tests.
3. MASTERY QUIZZES- 60% or greater is passing, but there is NO minimum time or score requirement
4. PHONES- for people in "green", if you are "red" you must have it somewhere you can't get to it
5. UNLOCKING- email me and let me know which mastery tests you need unlocked
6. COURSES- done in about 3 weeks, only 1 or 2 at a time, 2 - 3 hours spent on coursework per day is expected
7. COURSE FAILURE- if you take an end-of-semester exam and your final grade on the course is less than 60%, I reserve the right to erase your progress and make you start over.
8. COMMON COURTESY- respond to email, be kind, ask permission
Contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (219) 873-2030, ext. 7511
Meet the TeacherWelcome! My name is Daena Rogowski (It was Sisk. I got married last summer), and I am happy to be working at the Pathways Program this year!Some of my personal history:
- I graduated from Mishawaka Marian High School in 2000, where I played basketball and softball and participated in theater.
- I graduated from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio in 2004 after majoring in Education and minoring in English and History. While at Wittenberg, I was involved in Sigma Kappa Sorority, NCAA division 3 Softball, and Future Educators Association. I also acted and worked technically in several college theater productions.
- I have been with MCAS for 18 years. Nine of those years were in middle school, and 8 at MCHS. I have coached basketball and directed middle school play productions.
- I have my master's degree in mental health from IUSB.
- I just had a baby boy in April 2021. His name is Joey and he is a hoot!