Welcome to Our ClassI am one of 3 Pathways teachers at the Pathways Program. We are located in the Elston wing of the AK Smith career center.Some rules to remember about our Pathways program:
1. NOTES- must be handwritten or the guided notes from the tutorial that can be used on exams, must be turned in and checked before you take Mastery Quizzes and Post-tests
2. EXAMS- Done without your cell phone, in-person ONLY, may have a separate space to take exams that will be monitored by an adult
3. MASTERY QUIZZES- 60% or greater is passing, must spend 20 minutes on the tutorial MINIMUM before the mastery will be opened, must be passed before I unlock a Post-test
4. PHONES- for people in "green", if you are "red" you must have it somewhere you can't get to it
5. UNLOCKING- only when 20 minutes have been spent on your tutorial, only after you have shown or sent me your notes, only when your previous unit is complete
6. COURSES- done in about 3 weeks, only 1 or 2 at a time, 2 - 3 hours spent only coursework per day is expected
7. COMMON COURTESY- respond to email, be kind, ask permission
Contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (219) 873-2000, ext. 7511
Meet the TeacherWelcome! My name is Daena Rogowski (It was Sisk. I got married last summer), and I am happy to be working at the Pathways Program this year!Some of my personal history:
- I graduated from Mishawaka Marian High School in 2000, where I played basketball and softball and participated in theater.
- I graduated from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio in 2004 after majoring in Education and minoring in English and History. While at Wittenberg I was involved in Sigma Kappa Sorority, NCAA division 3 Softball, and Future Educators Association. I also acted and worked technically in several college theater productions.
- I have been with MCAS for 17 years. Nine of those years were in middle school, and 8 at MCHS. I have coached basketball and directed middle school play productions. I am also heavily involved with Chicago Street Theater in Valparaiso, where I serve on boards, act, and direct shows with adults.
- I have my master's degree in mental health from IUSB.