Middle School Wrestling is open to all eligible Barker and Krueger students. Both boys and girls may participate.Practices & Meets
- Wrestling practice and home meets take place at Michigan City High School.
- Practices will take place Monday through Friday from 2:45 to 4:30.
- An activity bus will be available to take students from Krueger to MCHS for practice and meets.
- Please have your rides pick you up at MCHS no later than 4:45.
- You can be picked up at the back door (pool entrance).
- The middle school team does not have a locker facility at the high school at this time. Please have a bag to place all of your things into during practice. DO NOT LEAVE VALUABLES LAYING AROUND!
Coach contacts: Steve Albano (219-561-9193); Thomas Vasbinder (219-229-0894)
- Anyone interested in wrestling must have CLEAN athletic shoes, preferably wrestling shoes, by the start of the first practice.
- Coach Vasbinder can get deals on wrestling shoes, so call or text him before you spend hundreds of dollars on wrestling shoes.
- Proper clothing for practice includes a t-shirt with sleeves, athletic shorts, and wrestling shoes. No rings, earrings, or bracelets may be worn during practice.
- Any student interested in wrestling this season must have a school physical on file before he or she can practice.
- Note: POP WARNER PHYSICALS DO NOT COUNT.
- The IHSAA physical form is more extensive and is required for MCAS sports.
- Parents must also complete an Emergency Medical Form.
- You can download these forms from the Krueger Athletics home page. Copies are also available in the Krueger office.
Last Modified on October 6, 2016