Monday, Feb. 18th , 2019
I can... read grade level material fluently.
I can...identify traits of a character and provide text evidence to support my answer.
Steps of the Lesson
1. Independently read a book you have at home for 30 minutes (your library book or the book you are reading toward your AR points)
2. Click here Google Classroom to access your Google Classroom. You will need to log in to your Google account. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Read the independent reading response question at the top of the page.
3. Type your response.
4. Click submit when finished.
Work to be turned in: Response to independent reading in Google Classroom
I Can...participate in IReady lessons designed for my level.
Steps of the lesson:
1. Log in to Clever through our school homepage.
2. Click on IReady.
3. Work 20 minutes on IReady on your reading pathway.
Work to be turned in: Pathway minutes will be reviewed by teacher
I can...participate in IReady lessons designed for my current level.
Steps of the Lesson:
1. Log in to Clever through the school homepage.
2. Click on IReady
4. Complete 20 minutes of this week's required time on your IReady math pathway.
Work to be turned in: Pathway minutes will be reviewed by teacher.
I Can...compare and contrast the difference between a fraction and a mixed number and make models of both
Steps of the lesson:
1. On your own paper, draw a model showing 1 3/4 (one and three fourths). After drawing the model, write the number as an improper fraction. (fraction with the larger number on top. We've gone over 2 different ways of changing a mixed number into an improper fraction.)
2. On the same paper, write a fraction that is equivalent to 4, and that has a numerator of 4. (Think about what denominator all whole numbers have in common.) Draw a model to show this fraction.
3. Draw a model to show 6/4 (six fourths). How would you write this fraction as a mixed number?
Work to be turned in: Paper showing fraction models and answers to be submitted in class.
We have P.E. and Music today. Please click on the links for Mr. Lasky and Mrs. Gast for your specials work.
P.E. (Mondays and Thursdays) Mr. Lasky
Music (Mondays and Thursdays) Mrs. Gast
Art (Wednesdays) Mrs. Ledyard