eLearning Day Agenda
E-Learning- Tuesday, 3/31/2020 and Thursday, 4/2/2020
English Language Arts
*Always check our Google Classroom page and look for assignments under the topic "Quarter 4" with the day's date. *
First and Fourth Block ELA Lesson Details
I can...read (and listen to) a variety of nonfiction within a range of complexity appropriate for grade 8.
I can...interact with grade level texts proficiently and independently.
I can...determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a nonfiction text.
I can...analyze how a text makes connections and distinctions among individuals, events, and ideas.
8.RN.1, 8.RN.2.2, 8.RN.3.2
1. Go to Google Classroom.
2. Click the “classwork” tab on the top bar.
3. Locate the Quarter 4 topic section and find the assignment for Tuesday and Thursday.
4. On Tuesday, you will need to check out the Week At-a-Glance slideshow I created for you.
5. Find the instructions video and listen to the instructions I have provided.
6. Listen to the audio of Chapters Four through Six. I have read the text to you.
7. Complete the vocabulary for chapters four through six first, and then the comprehension questions on the Google Doc.
8. On Thursday, you will be watching a video of Auschwitz and completing a short writing prompt.
Advanced Fifth Block
1. On Tuesday, you will listen to Serial Podcast Episode 12.
2. As you listen, you need to take notes to support whether Adnan is guilty or not. This will help you to form your argumentative essay further down the road.
3. Before listening, you have two questions to answer. After listening, you have one.
4. On Thursday, you will start compiling an argumentative Google Slideshow on the case.
*Turn in the assignments after above steps are completed.
*If you do not hit the turn in button with your completed work, you will be counted absent for today.
*Do NOT forget to hit the "Turn In" button on Google Classroom.
If you are in a class with Mrs. Hekter as the teacher, please check her page as well!