E-Learning Day March 23rd, 2020
Happy National Puppy Day. Share a photo of your pup in Google Classroom today! Here is my pup, Zyla. I couldn’t choose just one photo. She is a Pitbull and she loves to run and play but also loves to be lazy and sleep a lot. Her favorite food is anything human food and she loves her babies! Shes a great protector!
Good morning class and welcome to our next full week of virtual learning! I am so very proud of the work you put in last week. I know this is challenging and new for all of us and I appreciate all of you. You can check in with us daily in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! See you then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can… Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- I can... Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support claims in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which claims. (5.RN.4.1)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (90 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Drafting an Introduction. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Miss Krueger will lead and model drafting the introduction for your opinion essay. (20 mins)
- AFTER watching the instruction video, click on the assignment called Drafting an Opinion Essay. This doc will be used to type in each part of your essay over the next several days. Today, type your introduction. (20 mins)
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #6. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind read aloud. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (6 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Response Complete and submit. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30 minutes to complete)
- I can…I can convert among different sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system and use those conversions in solving real world problems.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Math Instruction Video: Guided practice. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, I will go through today’s math lesson. Follow along in your Math Instruction Books. You should be completing this work in your book as we work through the lesson. (18 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Practice and Problem Solving page 253-254. This is a Google Form, complete and submit. (20 mins)
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!