Kindergarten E Learning Day
December 9, 2019
*I CAN RECOGNIZE ALPHABET LETTERS AND NAME THEIR SOUNDS.
- ABC chart: Say the letters, sounds and pictures for every letter of the alphabet.
- *I CAN LISTEN TO A STORY AND TELL WHAT THE SETTING IS.
- Listen to the book, “Gingerbread Friends” by clicking on the following link.The Gingerbread Friends
After listening, ask your student what the setting is, who the main character is, and to share their favorite part of the story. Use a blank piece of paper to have your child draw and color that favorite part the best they can.
4. Review the following sight words: all, that, they, saw, out, down. You can cut paper into flash cards for easy review practice. It's also fun to put them all on the table face up, then ask your child to find a certain word and pick it up.
Writing: I CAN SOUND OUT WORDS PHONETICALLY.
Have your child think of a story to write. Take a piece of paper and draw a line across the middle. The student should draw a picture of their story, using crayons to show the different details of the picture. Ask your child what is happening in the picture and come up with one sentence about the picture to write down. Slowly stretch the sounds out of each word in the sentence, while your student is writing the letters that match the sounds. PLEASE DO NOT SPELL THE WORDS FOR YOUR CHILDREN AS WE ARE WORKING HARD ON INVENTIVE SPELLING IN CLASS. Turn this paper in the next day we have school.
MATH: I CAN COUNT TO 100 BY ONES AND TENS. I CAN COMPARE NUMBERS.
1.Have your child practice counting orally from 1 to 100 by 1’s.
2.Use a deck of cards or make flash cards up to 10. Have your child pick 2 cards and tell you which one is more. BONUS FUN! We played the card game War last week! Play with your child!
3.Have your child count and exercise with the following videos: Count with Spiderman
If we have a special on this eLearning day, please follow the link below to complete their specials homework.
*WHAT NEEDS TO BE TURNED IN TO MRS. WISE:
1. Story your child wrote with picture and words attempted
2. Favorite part of "Gingerbread Friends" picture.
MUST be turned in by Thursday to be counted as present; otherwise marked as an absence.