e-Learning Day Agenda
December 9, 2019
7th Grade Math
I can... Identify proportional relationships and the constant of proportionality.
7.AF.6 Decide if two quantities are in a proportional relationship. 7.AF.7 Identify the unit rate or constant of proportionalityin tables, graphs, equations, and verbal discriptions.
Solve the following problems. Show any and all work needed to solve.
1. Camya is training for a long distance race. She runs 2 and 1/2 miles in 2/6 of an hour. At this rate, how many miles can Camya run per hour? Express your answer as a mixed number. Show your work.
2. A stand at a farmer's market sells different types of apples. Apple A costs $6.90 for 6 pounds; Apple B costs $0.90 for 12 ounces; and Apple C costs $0.45 for 1/4 pound. find the unit rate of cost per pound for each type of apple and decide which is the cheapest and most expensive. (Hint one pound equals 16 ounces)
3. Jami can mow 1/6 acre in 8 minutes. If her rate is constant, can Jami mow 1 and 1/2 acres in one hour? Show your work and explain why or why not.
4. A turtle can swim at a constant rate of 16 feet in 24 seconds. How far will the turtle swim in 1 secon? How far will it swim in 45 seconds? and how many secondes will it take to swim 10 feet?
5. Decide of the following are proportional relationships. If they are give the constant of proportionality.
a. 3 to 12; 5 to 25; 6 to 36; 9 to 81
b. 3 to 22.5; 4 to 30; 7 to 52.5; 9 to 67.5
c. 2 to 10; 3 to 15; 5 to 25; 8 to 40
d. 2 to 8.5; 5 to 22.5; 7 to 28.5; 8 to 36
Submit your answers and work to my e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or turn in a copy to me on December 12, 2019.
Also, work on IREADY lessons that you need to finish.