Michigan City Area Schools
Title I Complaint Policy
What is a Complaint?
A signed written statement that includes: 1) an allegation that a requirement related to Michigan City Area Schools has been violated; and 2) information that supports the allegation.
Who May Complain?
Any parent, teacher, or other concerned individual(s), or organization(s) may file a complaint.
All complaints must:
- Be written or typed;
- Be signed by the person or agency representative filing the complaint and include contact information;
- Specify the requirement of law or regulation being violated regarding the provision of Title I services and the related issue, problem, and/or concern;
- Contain information/evidence supporting the complaint; and,
- State the nature of the corrective action desired.
- Receiving Complaints: Complaints should be formally registered with the Michigan City Area Schools Office of Title I located at 408 S. Carroll Ave, Michigan City, IN 46360
- Investigating Complaints: Upon receipt of the written complaint, the LEA will investigate the complaint within 10 business days.
- Resolving Complaints: The LEA will resolve the complaint within 15 business days.
- Appealing Complaints: If the LEA fails to resolve the complaint or fails to resolve the issue to the satisfaction of the complainant, the complainant can appeal to the Indiana Department of Education’s Title Grants and Support division.