We can help connect you!
Not only will you find out what jobs are in demand, our staff experts will work closely with you to understand your goals and help you find or prepare for the job you want. WorkOne staff knows the job market in the community, and has built relationships with many of the region’s top employers.
WorkOne is your one-stop resource for:
- Skill assessment
- Career counseling and planning
- Statewide job matching system
- Employment library and technology tools: access to computers, fax machines, phones
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- High School Equivalency or H.S.E. (formerly known as G.E.D.) and basic education
- Training programs and workshops
- Training grant and scholarship information
- Work and family related support services and community resources
Our friendly staff will assist you in applying for financial assistance if you wish to pursue college or vocational training. If you’re a professional or skilled individual in between jobs, we have a networking group that meets weekly to share ideas and leads.
Financial Incentives for working with WorkOne A.K. Smith
- $115 HiSET Testing voucher
- $50 for making Gains on the PostTABE
- $75 for completing required WorkOne Workshops
- $75 for completing optional WorkOne Workshops
- $100 for Passing the HiSET