Friday, November 13, 2020 E-Learning
Assignments are located in Google Classroom.
1. Warm-up: Play a 5-10 minute round of Free Rice: https://freerice.com/categories/english-vocabulary
Record your grains earned in Google Classroom Agenda post for attendance.
2. Review the Compare and Contrast Anchor Charts posted in Google Classroom.(This will help you complete Assignment 027).
3. Independent Reading + Log. Read for 25 minutes and log your reading
Assignment 013: https://forms.gle/XLGqgJiH9Fqy5Min9
4. Assignment 029: Writing Prompt Module Reflection
5. Catch-up Work: Complete the following:
Assignment 019: Narrative
Assignment 027: Informative Essay: Compare and Contrast
If you have any questions, please contact me via email: email@example.com
Daily Learning Targets
I can use narrative techniques such as dialogue, pacing, and description, to develop experiences, events, and characters in a story. (8.W.3.3 & 8.W.6)
I can write an essay that compares and contrasts the depiction of a monster in folklore from Latin America and in my modernized narrative. (8.W.3.2 & 8.W.6)
Assignment 029: Writing Prompt, Assignment 027: Essay & Assignment 019: Narrative
Write routinely over a variety of time frames for a range of tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support analysis, reflection, and research by drawing evidence from literature and nonfiction texts.
Read a variety of literature within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 6-8. By the end of grade 8, students interact with texts proficiently and independently.