for: Mr. Parker
Classes alternate in a two-week cycle. (2 weeks in room 411 for Health class & 2 weeks in the gym for Physical Education).
- Students in the classroom need to have paper, pen/pencil. (Chromebook when needed).
- Hoods Down & Masks optional
- No cell phones are allowed in class or the gym/locker rooms.
- Students in Physical Education need to have a Michigan City Area Schools P.E. uniform each day for gym.
- No alterations (sleeveless or rips/tears) or graffiti (nicknames,hearts,etc.) will be allowed.
- Only solid color socks (no tie-dye,camoflauge,cartoon characters,etc.)
- Only tennis/gym shoes with laces or Velcro. (No slides,sandals,flip flops or Crocs).
- Masks are optional
- Price of PE Uniform: Shirts=$7.50 Shorts=$7.50 (Set=$15.00)
*Payment can be made in the form of cash or a check made out to Barker Middle School and paid to Mrs. Lundy in the office.
- Discipline for not having a full uniform:
- 1st “No Dress” - Verbal Warning
- 2nd “No Dress” - Parent contact through letter or phone call and letter grade drop.
- 3rd “No Dress” – Lunch Detention, written assignment and additional letter grade drop.
- 4th “No Dress” – Exclusion to office remainder of class hour, and additional letter grade drop.
- 5th “No Dress”- Exclusion to office, Referral, and additional letter grade drop.
- Medical Excuses are the only way to be excused from PE class! The excuse must contain: exact dates to be excused; physical restrictions and specific activities to be excused.
- Wellness folder with 2-pockets (1st assignment in classroom only)
- Chromebook when needed in classroom-for e-Learning, (it is essential!!)
*Daily/Weekly assignments will be written on the white board or posted on Google Classroom.
- a) Same day late = 1/2 letter grade drop
- b) Next day late = 1 letter grade drop
- c) Two or more class days late = letter grade drop for each consecutive day
- Virtual Learning-must be completed within the class block time frame.
- e-Learning on Schoology have one week from assignment date to complete.
- Textbooks are for classroom use only. Students that check out a book are responsible for returning the book in the same condition it was issued.
- All MCAS and Barker Middle School rules will be strictly enforced with appropriate discipline procedures.
- No negative comments, “Put Downs” or bullying will be tolerated!!
- Listen and respond respectfully and appropriately to the teacher, instructional assistants, guest speakers and peers.
- Keep all body parts to yourself unless instructed otherwise.
- Keep hands off any of the displays (Pirates of the Caribbean items,cardboard Larry Bird,etc.), Anatomy models/skeleton (Barry dem Bones) or any PE equipment including rock climbing wall, jumping/touching the basketball nets or hanging on the pull-up bars.
*Loss of Gym activity, a Lunch detention or other discipline will result.
Gum/candy or food will not be allowed in the classroom or gymnasium.
1st violation = Warning
2nd violation = Lunch Detention
3rd violation = Loss of privileges