Extended ELearning Day 5/11/20
Morning Message https://youtu.be/wDmdT7eY17k
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom. No need to take notes since we won't have a quiz this week.
Reading- Fiction- Digital Novel Study- Masterminds by Gordon Korman
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1. Open Google Classroom assignment titled- Student Log-In Epic Books Novel Study and watch the video for instructions.
2. Open the link and put in the code mjw4265
3. Read Chapters 19- 21 pgs. 183- 215. (30 minutes)
I can......write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts.
1. After reading Masterminds Novel Study, Chapters 19- 21, answer the reading response questions, using R.A.C.E (restate, answer, cite, explain) on the Google Doc - Masterminds Novel Study- Chapters 19- 21
2. Work to be submitted for a grade: Google Doc - Masterminds Novel Study- Chapters 19- 21 ( 30 minutes)
5th Grade Math Group
I can......find the volume of right rectangular prisms with whole number side lengths.
1. Open the Google Classroom video- Find Volume Using Unit Cubes to check over pages 272- 275 Lesson 25 in your Ready Math Book. https://youtu.be/JSNF0Gd4t2c
2. Complete pages 276- 279 Lesson 27 Find Volume of Composite Figures
3. Work to be turned in: pages 276- 279 Lesson 27 Find Volume of Composite Figures (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....recognize a statistical question as one that anticipates variability in the data related to the question and accounts for the variability in the answers.
I can....select, create, and interpret graphical representations of numerical data including line plots, histograms, and box plots.
1. Go to Google Classroom and open the video- Displaying Data on Dot Plots, Histograms, and Box Plots- to check over pages 330- 333- https://youtu.be/A6MFL8VsUfA
2. Complete pgs. 334- 335 Lesson 29: Analyze Numerical Data.
3. Work to be turned in: pgs. 334- 335 Lesson 29: Analyze Numerical Data.
7th Grade Math Group
I can........make observations about the degree of visual overlap of two numerical data distributions represented in line plots or box plots and describe how data, particularly outliers, added to a data set may affect the mean and/or median.
1. Open the Google Classroom assignment- Ready Math pgs. 316- 319 Check-Over Video to go over your last assignment in the Ready Math book. https://youtu.be/uFZqQB384a8
2. Complete pgs. 320- 321 Lesson 29- Use Measres of Center and Variability to Compare Data in your Ready Math book.
3. Work to be turned in: 320- 321 Lesson 29- Use Measures of Center and Variability to Compare Data in your Ready Math book. (30 minutes).