Virtual Learning Monday May 4, 2020
Virtual Learning Day Monday May 4, 2020
Good morning class! Welcome to another week of virtual learning. This week, we are excited to go on a virtual trek around the world. Today is an instruction video day! There will be a couple of things we need you to turn in, but for the most part today, you are simply watching, listening, and learning! Take notes if you need to, play back and watch again… whatever you need to do to set yourself up for success! Unpack your tourist gear, because we are going to trek around the world!
Google Meet at 10:30- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time. See you at 10:30!
Magnificent Monday- We will do something MAGNIFICENT in our morning meet today!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Select and apply context clues (e.g., word, phrase, sentence, and paragraph clues) and text features to determine the meanings of unknown word.. (5.RV.2.1)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (45 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, select the assignment called Instruction Video: Context Clues Detectives. In this video, Mrs. McMeans, Miss Krueger, and Mrs. Snearly will be your tour guides through context clues. (20 minutes)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Video: Tumultuously Terrific Transcontinental Travel Trek. In this video, Mrs. McMeans will explain more about our journey this week and how to access all of your resources you will need on your trek. (10 minutes)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Passport/Postcards. As you complete the activity for each country, you will see a travel token at the bottom of each sheet. In this doc, you will drag and drop the travel token that goes along with each country to the postcard. These postcards will serve as your “Passport.” You will use this for the rest of the week.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Farewell America. Since you are leaving the country, your closest friends and family have written you farewell letters. In their letters, there are some unknown words that you will need to use your detective context clues skills to determine their meanings. These are multiple choice questions. Drag one of the circles on the sides to each of the correct answers. (15 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30 minutes to complete)
I can… Represent real-world problems and equations by graphing ordered pairs in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane, and interpret coordinate values of points in the context of the situation.(5.AT.7)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instructional video: Graph Points in the Coordinate Plane. In this instruction video, Miss Krueger will go through the Guided Instruction part of this lesson in your instruction book. You will find this on pages 304-305. Please follow along and complete the pages in your text. Take notes in your book if you hear something that you think will help you. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Practice Graphing Points. This is a link that will take you to a website that will allow you to practice graphing points. Remember: Over on the x-axis THEN up on the y-axis. (10 mins)
Practice graphing points HERE.
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!