E-Learning Day April 27, 2020
Good morning class! Welcome to another week of virtual learning. We are so excited you are here. Today is an instruction video day! There will be a couple of things we need you to turn in, but for the most part today, you are simply watching, listening, and learning! Take notes if you need to, play back and watch again… whatever you need to do to set yourself up for success!
Google Meet at 11:00- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time today! See you at 11:00!
Magnificent Monday- We will do something MAGNIFICENT in our morning meet today!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Analyze the meanings of proverbs, adages, and idioms in context.. (5.RV.3.3)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (60 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, select the assignment called Instruction Video: Proverbs and Adages. Watch the video to learn more about Proverbs and Adages from your wise teachers. (11 min)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Proverbs and Adages list. Look for proverbs or adages that really speak to you or that you like the best. You will need to choose your favorite.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Slides: Proverbs and Adages. You will make a Google Slide using your favorite proverb or adage that you chose from the list. (15 min)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Out of My Mind chapter 29. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. Then click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Out of My Mind chapter 30. (16 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Out of My Mind ch 29&30 response. Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (20 minutes to complete)
I can… Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with whole-number side lengths by packing it with unit cubes, and show that the volume is the same as would be found by multiplying the edge lengths or multiplying the height by the area of the base. (5.M.4)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instructional video: Find Volume using unit cubes. In this instruction video you will use what we’ve already learned about volume and take it one step further. I will go through the introduction and the guided instruction of this lesson in your instruction book. You will find this on pages 260-261. Please follow along and complete the pages in your text. Take notes in your book if you hear something that you think will help you.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: PPS 283-284
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!