Virtual Learning Monday April 27, 2020
Virtual Learning Day Monday April 27, 2020
Good morning class! Welcome to another week of virtual learning. We are so excited you are here. Today is an instruction video day! There will be a couple of things we need you to turn in, but for the most part today, you are simply watching, listening, and learning! Take notes if you need to, play back and watch again… whatever you need to do to set yourself up for success!
Google Meet at 11:00- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time. We are going to try doing hold our meeting a little later today! See you at 11:00!
Magnificent Monday- We will do something MAGNIFICENT in our morning meet today!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Analyze the meanings of proverbs, adages, and idioms in context.. (5.RV.3.3)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (60 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, select the assignment called Instruction Videos: Proverbs and Adages and Idioms. THERE ARE 2 VIDEOS TO WATCH IN THIS ASSIGNMENTS. First, watch the video “Proverbs and Adages”. In this video, Mrs. McMeans and Mrs. Snearly will cover part of our lesson for the week. Then watch the video “Idioms.” In this video, Miss Krueger will go over idioms again in a little more detai. (20 minutes)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Proverbs and Adages list. Look for proverbs or adages that really speak to you or that you like the best. You will need to choose your favorite proverb AND your favorite adage.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Slides: Proverbs and Adages. You will make a Google Slide using your favorite proverb and adage that you chose from the list. The first 2 slides have been done as examples for you. You cannot use the same proverb or adage from the example slides.
You will make 2 slides today. Each slide must have:
- Your fav proverb and adage (you must do one of each)
- The meaning of your proverb and adage
- A background image that relates to your proverb and adage.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Hoot Chapter 21. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (10 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Hoot Chapter 21. Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (20 minutes to complete)
I can… Graph points with whole number coordinates on a coordinate plane. Explain how the coordinates relate the point as the distance from the origin on each axis, with the convention that the names of the two axes and the coordinates correspond (e.g., x-axis and x-coordinate, y-axis and y-coordinate).(5.AT.6)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instructional video: Understand Coordinate Planes. In this instruction video I will go through the introduction and the guided instruction of this lesson in your instruction book. You will find this on pages 296-299. Please follow along and complete the pages in your text. Take notes in your book if you hear something that you think will help you.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Slides: Intro to the coordinate place. Complete these 2 slides by dragging the vocabulary words covered in today’s video to the correct places. Then turn in your assignment.
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!