Extended ELearning Day 4/27/20
Don't forget our Google Meet @ 1pm! Today's Activity- Scavenger Hunt
Morning Message https://youtu.be/AxyIMpIYfgI
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom. No need to take notes since we won't have a quiz this week.
Reading- Fiction- Digital Novel Study- Masterminds by Gordon Korman
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1. Open Google Classroom assignment titled- Student Log-In Epic Books Novel Study and watch the video for instructions.
2. Open the link and put in the code mjw4265
3. Read Chapters 1-3 pgs. 1- 37. (30 minutes)
I can......write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts.
1. After reading Masterminds Novel Study, Chapters 1-3, answer the reading response questions, using R.A.C.E (restate, answer, cite, explain) on the Google Doc - Masterminds Novel Study- Chapters 1-3
5. Work to be submitted for a grade: Google Doc - Masterminds Novel Study- Chapters 1-3 ( 30 minutes)
5th Grade Math Group
I can......find the volume of right rectangular prisms with whole number side lengths.
1. Open the Google Classroom video- Understand Volume to check over pages 258- 259 Lesson 24 in your Ready Math Book. https://youtu.be/xhFxqyWAsBw
2. Complete pages 260- 263 Lesson 25 Find Volume Using Unit Cubes
3. Work to be turned in: pages 260- 263 Lesson 25 Find Volume Using Unit Cubes (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....recognize a statistical question as one that anticipates variability in the data related to the question and accounts for the variability in the answers.
I can....select, create, and interpret graphical representations of numerical data including line plots, histograms, and box plots.
1. Go to Google Classroom and open the video- Findidng Measures of Center and Variability to check over your last assignment in your Ready Math book on page 316- 317. https://youtu.be/dRdjA3VoDzg
2. Complete pgs. 318- 321 Lesson 28: Display Data on Line Plots, Histograms, and Box Plots.
3. Work to be turned in:pgs. 318- 321 Lesson 28: Display Data on Line Plots, Histograms, and Box Plots.(30 minutes).
7th Grade Math Group
I can.........understand that statistics can be used to gain information about a population by examining a sample of the population.
I can.........use data from a random sample to draw inferences about a population.
1. Open the Google Classroom assignment- Ready Math pgs. 304- 305 Check-Over Video to go over your last assignment in the Ready Math book. https://youtu.be/7RPm-rK1dGc
2. Complete pgs. 306- 307 Lesson 27- Making Statistical Inferences in your Ready Math book.
3. Work to be turned in: pgs. 306- 307 Lesson 27- Making Statistical Inferences in your Ready Math book. (30 minutes).