E-Learning Day Wednesday April 1, 2020
Good morning class, I am so happy you are here. Today is Wild Card Wednesday. What will I have planned for our Meet today? Will it be a Kahoot? A guest speaker? A recipe?
Google Meet at 9:15- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time
Wild Card Wednesday: All you need today is yourself!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Conduct short research assignments and tasks on a topic. (5.W.5)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (75 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Research Athletes of Social Change Part 2. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Miss Krueger will go over your note-catcher and model how to start the research on your athlete. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Research Note-Catcher. Begin your research today. Type the information you find on your athlete in your note-catcher. (20 mins)
- Independent Reading- Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #12. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Out of My Mind Chapter 18 . Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Out of My Mind Chapter 18. Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30 minutes to complete)
- In your instruction book, please complete the Independent Practice on page 246-247. This is review to make sure you understand what it is you need to do on our quiz. I will be on goguardian available to help you if needed while you prepare for your quiz. You do not need to upload your independent practice. I am trusting you to complete it and ask questions if you have them!
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Chapter 23a quiz. You will complete the google form and submit when you are finished. (20 mins)