E-Learning Day Tuesday March 31st, 2020
Good morning class I am so glad you are all here. Today is talented Tuesday. We will celebrate our talents today in our first Google Meet of the day.
Google Meet at 9:15- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time
Talented Tuesday: Let’s get our creative juices flowing and walk through a piece of art together. Make sure you come with paper and a pencil.
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Conduct short research assignments and tasks on a topic. (5.W.5)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (75 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Research Athletes of Social Change. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Mrs. Snearly will introduce our new AND EXCITING Research Project. Yay!!!! (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Choose your Athlete! After watching the video, take some time to find out a little bit about each of the athletes on the list. Today, you must choose which athlete you would like to do your project on. Fill out the google form selecting the athlete that you have chosen. (10 mins)
- Independent Reading- Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #11. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Out of My Mind Chapter 17. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Out of My Mind Chapter 17. Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30 minutes to complete)
I can… Formulate questions that can be addressed with data and make predictions about the data.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Practice and Problem Solving Book pg. 261-262. Complete the Google Form and submit. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Line Plot Practice. Practice using the Line Plots using these slides. Fill in the blanks. The directions for each slide are at the bottom of each page. (20 mins)