Extended ELearning Day 4/15/20
Don't forget Google Meet One on One Check-In today! Your time is posted on the Google Classroom document. Code-family
Also, since we only have ELearning on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, specials assignments need to be done by Wednesday. They are posted on Mondays each week, so make sure to complete these assignments as well!
Morning Message https://youtu.be/ELg1oA6QGnw
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom. No need to take notes since we won't have a quiz this week.
Novel Study- The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1.. Read chapter 15- The World-Famous Watson Pet Hotel and Epilogue pgs. 191- 210.
2. Go to Google Classroom and open Watsons Ch. 15 document and answer Chapter 15 questions.
3. Record any examples of racial prejudice or intolerance on the Intolerance Log (sent home in ELearning Folder)
4. Work to be submitted in Google Classroom: Watsons Ch. 15 document ( 45 minutes)
I can......write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts.
Lesson Description- https://youtu.be/Vas_GpiTLv8
1. Reread chapter 14- "Every Bird and Bug in Birmingham Stops and Wonders." Pay close attention to the events surrounding the church bombing.
2. Use information you read about in chapter 14 and learn from the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church Bombing Website List to fill in details about the event on the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church Bombing Graphic Organizer.
3. Use your graphic organizer to write a newspaper article detailing the event. Use the Google Doc template shared on Google Classroom. Be sure to include an interesting headline and the 5 W's: who, what, when, where, and why.
4. Make sure to locate and include an image of the bombing, and write a caption.
5. Work to be submitted for grade : Newspaper Article- Due Today-Wednesday, April 15
Math- IReady Pathways
All Math Groups
I can..... review grade-level math standards.
1. Log into IReady math lessons and complete 30 minutes.
2. Play math games. See if you can find a site to share with the class at our next Google Meet!
Social Studies- The Civil Rights Movement
I can....understand the role of people in history shaping a movement, such as the Civil Rights Movement.
1. Go to Google Classroom and open the assignment- Civile Rights Movement Edpuzzle Video.
2. Watch the video.
3. The video will stop, asking you to answer questions along the way. You will be given the opportunity to watch again before answering the question and continuing on.
4. Work to be submitted- Civil Rights Movement Video and Questions- (10 minutes).