E-Learning Day April 15, 2020
Good morning class! I am so happy you are here! Today, there are no instruction videos, so please read the instructions very carefully.
Google Meet at 11:00- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time we are going to try doing our meet a little later today! See you at 11AM
Wild Card Wednesday: Emerson and I have a really cute Spring recipe we would like to share with you! Come to our kitchen and we will share how to make this yummy treat with you!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Conduct short research assignments and tasks on a topic. (5.W.5)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (60 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, continue working on your Athletes of Social Change Google Slides Presentation. Make sure to use the expectations list from yesterday's assignments to make sure you include everything. Even if you are done, please go back and look at it to make sure it meets the expectations! (20 mins)
- Identifying Theme: Yesterday you were assigned a pathways lesson for Theme. If you have not done that, please finish that today. You will also need to do 30 minutes of reading pathways. Remember when you get 100% on a quiz, let me know and I will mark it!
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Out of My Mind Chapter 24 Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (10 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Out of My Mind Chapter 24. Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (50 minutes to complete)
I can…use measures of center (mean and median) and frequency (mode) to describe a data set. (5.DS.2)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Practice and Problem Solving Book pg. 267-268. Complete the Google Form and submit.(30 min)
- Complete 20 minutes of math pathways. Be sure to comment on Go Guardian if you get a 100% on a quiz.. I am still keeping track of those who are getting those great scores!! The mail is still working and I am feeling the need to spoil some hard working 5th graders! :) (20 min)
Art: Be sure to go to art today and complete the assignments! Click HERE to visit art.
CATCH UP: After you complete the work for today, PLEASE take this time to get caught up on anything you have not finished. I am available today. If you go through the days and you are unsure of what you still may need to finish, please ask. However, I would like you to attempt to first find out on your own. If you try and you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to help! You also have Thursday and Friday available to catch up as well. If you are all caught up, please enjoy the days of no virtual learning. Can’t wait to see you all Monday! Have a great weekend!