E-Learning Day March 26th, 2020
Good morning class and happy Thursday. I hope you have had a great week so far! Today is going to be a fabulous day full of virtual learning! I am so glad you are here. Please check in with us daily in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! See you then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can… Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- I can... Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support claims in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which claims. (5.RN.4.1)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (90 minutes to complete)
- Begin your final opinion essay. You will find this in Google Classroom. The assignment is called Final Opinion Essay and is in Wednesdays assignments. You will type all of your pieces together in one final essay. Your final essay is due this Friday March 27, 2020.
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #9. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. Upload a picture of your letter in SeeSaw. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Chapter 13 Read Aloud Chapter 13. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (17 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Chapter 13 Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (40 minutes to complete)
I can…Understand and use measures of center (mean and median) and frequency (mode), to describe a data set. (5.DS.2)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Math Instruction Video: Modeled and Guided Lesson 23A Pg 240-241. Watch the Screencastify video. In the video, Mrs. Snearly will go through the next part of our lesson. Complete page 240-241 in your Ready Math Instruction books as you watch the video. (20 mins)
- In your practice and problem solving book, you need to complete: PPS.259-260 I will post a picture of the pages in case you do not have your books with you. You need to please make sure that you take a picture in seesaw . (20 mins)