E-Learning Day March 24th, 2020
Good morning class and happy Tuesday. Thanks for joining us for our virtual learning today, I am so glad you are here! Please check in with us daily in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! See you then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can… Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- I can... Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support claims in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which claims. (5.RN.4.1)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (90 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Drafting Proof Paragraphs 1 and 2. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Mrs. McMeans will lead and model drafting the proof paragraphs for your opinion essay. (20 mins)
- AFTER watching the instruction video, open your Drafting an Opinion Essay doc that you started working on yesterday. You will find this in your Google Drive. This doc will be used to type in each part of your essay over the next several days. Today, type Proof Paragraph 1 and Proof Paragraph 2 (30 mins).
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #7. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. Upload a picture of your letter in SeeSaw. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Read Aloud Chapter 11. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (17 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Chapter 11 Complete and submit. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (40 minutes to complete)
- I can…I can convert among different sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system and use those conversions in solving real world problems.
- In your Instruction book, please complete the Independent Practice Pg 236-237. This will be done by yourself independently. It is important that you complete it because you may see similar items on your quiz.(20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Lesson 22 Quiz. Complete the Google Form and submit. (20 mins)
Science- Get up and Move
Choose from one of the following videos and move today. There is some dance, yoga, and stretches. You choose. (20 mins)