E-Learning Day April 13, 2020
Good morning class and welcome back to our virtual learning. I hope you all had a great spring break and are refreshed and ready to be back. This week is a little different than the previous weeks. You will have virtual learning work on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then will be off on Thursday and Friday.
Google Meet at 9:15- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time
Mini-Lesson Monday: Check in with us for a read aloud!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Conduct short research assignments and tasks on a topic. (5.W.5)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (60 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Google Slides Presentations. Watch the Screencastify video. In the video, Mrs. McMeans will cover the expectations for your Google Slides Presentation. She will also go over how to add text, images, and more to your Google Slides Presentation.(20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Out of My Mind Chapter 21 Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Out of My Mind Chapter 21. Complete and submit the Google Form. (8 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30-45 minutes to complete)
I can…use measures of center (mean and median) and frequency (mode) to describe a data set. (5.DS.2)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Math Instruction Video: 23b Mean Median and Mode. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, I will go through today’s math lesson. Follow along in your Math Instruction Books, pg. 248-249. You should be completing this work in your book as we work through the lesson. (20 mins)
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!