Virtual Learning Monday April 13,, 2020
Virtual Learning Day Monday April 13, 2020
Good morning class and welcome back to our virtual learning. I hope you all had a great spring break and are refreshed and ready to be back. This week is a little different than the previous weeks. You will have virtual learning work on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and then will be off on Thursday and Friday.
Google Meet at 9:15- Link will be posted 5 minutes before our Meet time
Mini-Lesson Monday: Check in with us to review some math we have done this year. Make sure you come to the Google Meet with paper and a pencil.
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can... Conduct short research assignments and tasks on a topic. (5.W.5)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (60 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Google Slides Presentations. Watch the Screencastify video. In the video, Mrs. McMeans will cover the expectations for your Google Slides Presentation. She will also go over how to add text, images, and more to your Google Slides Presentation.(20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Athletes of Social Change: Google Slides presentation.This is just the start to your presentation. Create your slides presentation here.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Read Aloud: Hoot Chapter 17 Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Form: Hoot Chapter 17. Complete and submit the Google Form. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30-45 minutes to complete)
I can…Find the volume of a right rectangular prism with whole-number side lengths by packing it with unit cubes, and show that the volume is the same as would be found by multiplying the edge lengths or multiplying the height by the area of the base.(5.M.4)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Lesson 25 Teacher Led Activity. Volume with Unit Cubes. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Miss Krueger will go through today’s math lesson. Follow along. (25 mins)
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!