Extended ELearning Day 4/13/20
Morning Message https://youtu.be/I_4xv0n5YLk
Don't forget our Google Meet @ 1pm today. We will be discussing chapters 11 & 12 from Watsons Go to Birmingham- 1963. Have your book and Intolerance log handy!
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom. No need to take notes since we won't have a quiz this week.
Novel Study- The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1.. Read chapter 13-I Meet Winnie's Evil Twin Brother, The Wool Pooh pgs. 169- 179.
2. Go to Google Classroom and open Watsons Ch. 13 document and answer Chapter 13 questions.
3. Record any examples of racial prejudice or intolerance on the Intolerance Log (sent home in ELearning Folder)
4. Work to be submitted in Google Classroom: Watsons Ch. 13 document ( 45 minutes)
5.View Read Aloud video for Bud, Not Buddy.
I can.....determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
1. Log into Google Classroom and click on the Readworks assignment- Before Jackie: How Strikeout King Satchel Paige Struck Down Jim Crow
2. Read the article and answer the comprehension questions.
3. Work to be turned in for a grade: Before Jackie: How Strikeout King Satchel Paige Struck Down Jim Crow (30 minutes)
5th Grade Math Group
I can......understand and use measure of center(mean and median) and frequency (mode) to describe a data set.
1. Open your 5th grade math book to page 246 and then go to Google Classroom and watch the video-Understanding Mean, Median, and Mode to check over answers to some of Wednesday, April 1 assignment. https://youtu.be/37HoClMubW8
2. Complete pages 251- 253- Lesson 23B Understand Mean, Median, and Mode .
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pages 251-253 (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....understand statistical questions.
I can....recognize a statistical question as one that anticipates variability in the data related to the question and accounts for the variability in the answers.
1. Open your 6th grade math book to page 306 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Measures of Center and Variability to check over answers from Wednesday, April 1 assignment. https://youtu.be/sc6oricgCfs
2. Complete pgs. 310- 313- Lesson 27 Measures of Center and Variability.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 310-313 (30 minutes).
7th Grade Math Group
I can.........understand that statistics can be used to gain information about a population by examining a sample of the population.
I can.........use data from a random sample to draw inferences about a population.
1. Open your 7th grade math book to page 297 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Understand Random Samples to check over Wednesday, April 1 assignment. https://youtu.be/BW5P5P90J9w
2. Complete pgs. 298- 301- Lesson 27- Making Statistical Inferences
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 298-301 (30 minutes).
Social Studies- The Civil Rights Movement
I can....understand the role of people in history shaping a movement, such as the Civil Rights Movement.
1. Go to Google Classroom and open the assignment- Civile Rights Movement Edpuzzle Video.
2. Watch the video.
3. The video will stop, asking you to answer questions along the way. You will be given the opportunity to watch again before answering the question and continuing on.
4. Work to be submitted- Civil Rights Movement Video and Questions- (10 minutes).