Extended ELearning Day 4/1/20
Morning Message https://youtu.be/0ZTeL5JPGYM
Don't forget our Google Meet @ 1pm today. We will be discussing chapters 9 & 10 from Watsons Go to Birmingham- 1963.
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom and take notes as we do in class each day.
Novel Study- The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1.. Read chapter 11-Bobo Brazil Meets the Sheik pgs. 149- 161.
2. Go to Google Classroom and open Watsons Ch. 11 document and answer Chapter 10 questions.
3. Record any examples of racial prejudice or intolerance on the Intolerance Log (sent home in ELearning Folder)
4. Work to be submitted in Google Classroom: Watsons Ch. 11 document ( 45 minutes)
5.View Read Aloud video and answer Google Form Reading Response for Bud, Not Buddy.
I can.....determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
1. Log into Google Classroom and click on the Readworks assignment- School Colors
2. Read the article and answer the comprehension questions.
3. Work to be turned in for a grade: School Colors (30 minutes)
5th Grade Math Group
I can......formulate questions that can be addressed with data and make predictions about the data.
I can......understand and use measure of center(mean and median) and frequency (mode) to describe a data set.
1. Open your 5th grade math book to page 246 and then go to Google Classroom and watch the video-Making a Line Plot to check over answers to some of Tuesday's assignment. https://youtu.be/osZ85jbywAs
2. Complete pages 248- 250- Lesson 23B Understand Mean, Median, and Mode .
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pages 248-250 (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....understand statistical questions.
I can....recognize a statistical question as one that anticipates variability in the data related to the question and accounts for the variability in the answers.
1. Open your 6th grade math book to page 304 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Understand Statistical Questions to check over answers from Tuesday's assignment. https://youtu.be/PJO_2S1I3kg
2. Complete pgs. 306- 309- Lesson 27 Measures of Center and Variability.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 306-309 (30 minutes).
7th Grade Math Group
I can.........identify, define, and describe attributes of three dimensional objects.
1. Open your 7th grade math book to page 295and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Understand Random Samples to check over yesterday's assignment. https://youtu.be/ywDSk1FvVaY
2. Complete pgs. 296- 297
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 296-297 (30 minutes).
Social Studies- The Civil Rights Movement- Biography Project
I can....understand the role of people in history shaping a movement, such as the Civil Rights Movement.
1. Go to Google Classroom and open the assignment, Social Studies-Civil Rights Hero Biography
2. Use the link to choose a Civil Rights Hero to research. There is information directly on this website, and you may also use other resources to research your chosen hero.
3. The template gives you a guide as to what information you need to learn about your chosen Civil Rights hero, and what information needs to be included on your Google Slides Biography presentation.
4. Work to be turned in: Civil Rights Hero Biogaphy Google Slides presentation (Friday, April 3rd)30 minutes each day