Extended ELearning Day 3/31/20
Morning Message https://youtu.be/jWrJqiUSdbE
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom and take notes as we do in class each day.
Novel Study- The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1.. Read chapter 10-Tangled Up in God's Beard- 1963 pgs. 138- 148.
2. Go to Google Classroom and open Watsons Ch. 10 document and answer Chapter 10 questions.
3. Record any examples of racial prejudice or intolerance on the Intolerance Log (sent home in ELearning Folder)
4. Work to be submitted in Google Classroom: Watsons Ch. 10 document ( 45 minutes)
5.View Read Aloud video and answer Google Form Reading Response for Bud, Not Buddy.
I can.....determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text.
1. Log into Google Classroom and click on the Readworks assignment- John Lewis
2. Read the article and answer the comprehension questions.
3. Work to be turned in for a grade: John Lewis (30 minutes)
5th Grade Math Group
I can......formulate questions that can be addressed with data and make predictions about the data.
1. Open your 5th grade math book to page 242 and then go to Google Classroom and watch the video-Making a Line Plot to check over answers to some of Monday's assignment. https://youtu.be/wq2dxCzPgZc
2. Complete pages 246- 247.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pages 242-245 (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....understand statistical questions.
1. Open your 6th grade math book to page 302 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Understand Statistical Questions to check over answers from Monday's assignment. https://youtu.be/H89rsHz8wFo
2. Complete pgs. 304- 305- Lesson 26 Understand Statistical Questions.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 304-305 (30 minutes).
7th Grade Math Group
I can.........identify, define, and describe attributes of three dimensional objects.
1. Open your 7th grade math book to page 292 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Understand Random Samples to help with today's assignment. https://youtu.be/y5sKzQmMpQI
2. Complete pgs. 292- 295
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 292-295 (30 minutes).
Social Studies- The Civil Rights Movement- Biography Project
I can....understand the role of people in history shaping a movement, such as the Civil Rights Movement.
1. Go to Google Classroom and open the assignment, Social Studies-Civil Rights Hero Biography
2. Use the link to choose a Civil Rights Hero to research. There is information directly on this website, and you may also use other resources to research your chosen hero.
3. The template gives you a guide as to what information you need to learn about your chosen Civil Rights hero, and what information needs to be included on your Google Slides Biography presentation.
4. Work to be turned in: Civil Rights Hero Biogaphy Google Slides presentation (Friday, April 3rd)30 minutes each day