Extended E-learning Day 6 - 3/23/20
Today’s date is Monday, March 23, 2020. Below you will find your assignments for the day!
I can...read and identify compound words.
- Watch this lesson on compound words.
- Choose five of the following words:
- After you have chosen your five words, find the two words that make up the compound word and write it just like the example below.
Example: snow + man = snowman
- You will also include a picture under each word. For example, you would put snow under the word snow, a man under the word man and a snowman under the word snowman.
Work to be turned in: Paper with five compound words chosen and pictures.
I CAN….. write sentences about a topic and use correct punctuation and capitalization.
Steps of the Lesson: (30 minutes)
- Your pet or an animal that you know suddenly turns in a cartoon character. Write about the adventures you two would go on together.
- Please make sure that you wrote at least five sentences.
Work to be turned in: Paper with at least five sentences.
I CAN…...... find 10 more and 10 less.
Steps of the Lesson: (30minutes)
1. Watch the Understand 10 More 10 Less Day 1 Video (i-Ready Math Lesson 19)
- Complete pages 122-124 in your iReady Math INSTRUCTION BOOK. NOT the Practice and Problem Solving Book.
- Answer these questions: Did you use groups of ten to find 10 more/10 less than 31? How is adding 10 to 40 like adding 1 to 4? How is it different? How do the digits change when you add 10 to 37?
Work to be turned in: INSTRUCTION BOOK PAGES 122-124 and answers to the questions
There are no specials for today!