E-Learning Day 23 - 04/02/2020
Welcome to our E-Learning Day #23!
Today’s date is Thursday, April 2, 2020. Below you will find your assignments for the day!
*I can be reached by email if you have any questions. email@example.com
* Please label each day's assignment AND PAPER CLIP/STAPLE all assignments.
* Please pay attention to which math book you will be working out of EACH day. It will either be PRACTICE AND PROBLEM SOLVING or INSTRUCTION BOOK. There is a difference!
**MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE THE EXIT TICKET FOR EACH DAY! THIS WILL COUNT FOR ATTENDANCE!!**
I CAN...retell the beginning, middle and end of a story.
I CAN...explain the lesson from the story.
- Watch this video on how to retell a story.
- Listen to the story, Clark the Shark, or find a book at home to read.
- Write at least two sentences telling what happened in the beginning of the story and draw a picture.
- Write at least two sentences telling what happened in the middle of the story and draw a picture.
- Write at least two sentences telling what happened at the end of the story.
- Write one sentence describing the lesson of the story.
Work to be turned in: Sentences with pictures describing what happened and sentence about the lesson in the story.
I CAN… choose a topic to write about and use correct capitalization and punctuation.
Steps of the Lesson (30 minutes)
- Today is “Free Write” day!
- Choose a topic that you would like to write about and write 5 or more sentences about that topic.
Work to be turned in: 5 or more sentences about the topic you chose.
I CAN …..give an appropriate rule for a number pattern.
Steps of the Lesson: (30-40 minutes)
- Review the Number Patterns video... if needed.
- Complete pages 137-139 in your iReady Math INSTRUCTION BOOK. NOT the Practice and Problem Solving Book..
- Answer these questions: How did you know which number to color next on page 137? What is wrong with the way that the pattern is shaded at the bottom of page 137? How could you continue a pattern if you did not have a 120 chart? How could you find the pattern if you could not see the numbers and arrows?
Work to be turned in: INSTRUCTION BOOK PAGES 137-139 and answers to the questions
Click here to complete the Exit Ticket for attendance.