E-Learning Day - 3/30/2020
Click here to hear SHOUT OUTS for last week! :)
Welcome to our E-Learning Day #20!
Today’s date is Monday, March 30, 2020. Below you will find your assignments for the day!
*I can be reached by email if you have any questions. email@example.com
* Please label each day's assignment AND PAPER CLIP/STAPLE all assignments.
* Please pay attention to which math book you will be working out of EACH day. It will either be PRACTICE AND PROBLEM SOLVING or INSTRUCTION BOOK. There is a difference!
**MAKE SURE TO COMPLETE THE EXIT TICKET FOR EACH DAY! THIS WILL COUNT FOR ATTENDANCE!!**
I CAN...read and write words with suffixes.
- Watch this lesson on suffixes.
- Copy the words below.
- Sort the words in the appropriate columns.
Work to be turned in: Words sorted into the correct columns.
I CAN…. write on topic using correct capitalization and punctuation.
Steps of the Lesson: (30 minutes)
- We are now in the season of Spring.
- Write 5 (or more) sentences describing changes that you will see outside now that winter is over.
- Make sure to include what you will see, hear, feel, and maybe even smell!
Work to be turned in: 5 (or more) sentences about things you will see in Spring.
I CAN…...... relate counting groups of 10 to adding and subtracting multiples of 10.
Steps of the Lesson: (30-40minutes)
1. Watch the Add and Subtract Tens Video (i-Ready Math Lesson 20A)
- Complete pages 128-133 in your iReady Math INSTRUCTION BOOK. NOT the Practice and Problem Solving Book.
- Answer these questions: Why might it be easier to add groups of ten rather than add all the erasers? How do the number sentences describe the problem? How does adding the tens help you add the 2-digit numbers?
Work to be turned in: INSTRUCTION BOOK PAGES 128-133 and answers to the questions
Click here to complete the Exit Ticket for attendace.