Extended ELearning Day 3/25/20
Morning Message https://youtu.be/JCnKz0czP_g
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom and take notes as we do in class each day.
Novel Study- The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1.. Read chapter 7-Every Chihuaha in America Lines Up to Take a Bite out of Byron pgs. 86- 99.
2. Go to Google Classroom and open Watsons Ch. 7 document and answer Chapter 7 questions.
3. Record any examples of racial prejudice or intolerance on the Intolerance Log (sent home in ELearning Folder)
4. Work to be submitted in Google Classroom: Watsons Ch. 7 document ( 45 minutes)
5.View Read Aloud video and answer Google Form Reading Response for Bud, Not Buddy.
I can....write narratives that develop an event sequence (e.g., conflict, climax, resolution) that unfolds naturally, connecting ideas and events using transitions.
1. Go to Google Classroom and watch the video lesson describing the writing assignment- Diary of a Raindrop https://youtu.be/GE0ToOszIqI
2. Please read over the instructions and have fun creating a narrative of your special raindrop. Please take your time to create an exciting tale of the adventures that keeps readers enthralled.
3. Use the writing process to pre-write, draft, revise, edit, and finally publishing. The assignment is due Friday, March 27th. (45 minutes daily)
4. Work to be submitted for a grade: Diary of a Raindrop Narrative
5th Grade Math Group
I can......formulate questions that can be addressed with data and make predictions about the data.
1. Open your 5th grade math book to page 236 and then go to Google Classroom and watch the video-Solving Word Problems Involving Conversions to check over answers to some of yesterday's assignment.https://youtu.be/WGddFM2QnQ0
2. Complete pages 238- 241.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pages 238-241 (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths.
1. Open your 6th grade math book to page 294 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Lesson 25- Volume to check over answers from yesterday's assignment. https://youtu.be/dVJbiNAETCk
2. Complete pgs. 296- 297.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 296-297 (30 minutes).
7th Grade Math Group
I can.........identify, define, and describe attributes of three dimensional objects.
1. Open your 7th grade math book to page 280 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Lesson 24- Surface Area of Solids to check over answers from yesterday's assignment.https://youtu.be/s8CwUOQXVU0
2. Complete pgs. 282- 287- Lesson 25 Understand Plane Sections of Prisms and Pyramids.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 282-287 (30 minutes).
Social Studies- The Civil Rights Movement
I can....understand the role of people in history shaping a movement, such as the Civil Rights Movement.
1. Log into Google Classroom and click on the Readworks assignment- Civil Rights on a City Bus
2. Read the article and answer the comprehension questions.
3. Work to be turned in for a grade: Civil Rights on a City Bus (30 minutes)