Extended E-Learning Day 13 - 4/1/20
Today’s date is Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Below you will find your assignments for the day!
I CAN....retell a fairytale in order.
I CAN...explain the lesson from the story.
- Watch this lesson on fairytales.
- Listen to this story or read a fairytale book you have at home.
- Write at least two sentences about what happened in the beginning of the story and draw a picture.
- Write at least two sentences about what happened in the middle of the story and draw a picture.
- Write at least two sentences about what happened at the end of the story and draw a picture.
- Write at least one sentence about what the lesson is in the story.
Work to be turned in: Paper with sentences and pictures describing the beginning, middle and end of the story.
I CAN…… write about a topic with correct capitalization and punctuation.
Steps of the Lesson: (30 minutes)
- Today is April Fool’s Day! Which means that you get to play tricks on people today.
- Think about the best or funniest trick that you could play on someone. (HOWEVER, no one can get hurt from it).
- Write 5 or more sentences about the trick you could play on April Fool’s. You may choose to write about more that one trick if you’d like. Have fun!
Work to be turned in: 5 sentences describing your trick(s).
I CAN…...... give an appropriate rule for a number pattern.
Steps of the Lesson: (30-40minutes)
1. Watch the Number Patterns Video (i-Ready Math Lesson 20B)
- Complete pages 134-136 in your iReady Math INSTRUCTION BOOK. NOT the Practice and Problem Solving Book.
- Answer these questions: What kind of pattern do you see in the circled numbers on page 134? What pattern do you see on page 135? How are the shaded numbers on the chart like the picture of the tickets on page 136?
Work to be turned in: INSTRUCTION BOOK PAGES 134-136 and answers to the questions