Extended ELearning Day 3/23/20
Media Literacy- CNN 10 Student News
I can....integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, verbally) to demonstrate a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
1. Watch the link for CNN 10 on Google Classroom and take notes as we do in class each day.
Novel Study- The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963
I can.....describe two or more characters, settings, or events in a story or play, drawing on specific details in the text, and how they impact the plot.
1.. Read chapter 5- Nazi Parachutes Attack America and Get Shot Down Over Flint by Captain Byron Watson and His Flamethrower of Death pgs. 64- 74.
2. Go to Google Classroom and open Watsons Ch. 5 document and answer Chapter 5 questions.
3. Record any examples of racial prejudice or intolerance on the Intolerance Log (sent home in ELearning Folder)
4. Work to be submitted in Google Classroom: Watsons Ch. 5 document ( 45 minutes)
5.View Read Aloud video and answer Google Form Reading Response for Bud, Not Buddy.
I can....write narratives that develop an event sequence (e.g., conflict, climax, resolution) that unfolds naturally, connecting ideas and events using transitions.
1. Go to Google Classroom and watch the video lesson describing the writing assignment- Diary of a Raindrophttps://www.youtube.com/watch?
2. Please read over the instructions and have fun creating a narrative of your special raindrop. Please take your time to create an exciting tale of the adventures that keeps readers enthralled.
3. Use the writing process to pre-write, draft, revise, edit, and finally publishing. The assignment is due Friday, March 27th. (45 minutes daily)
4. Work to be submitted for a grade: Diary of a Raindrop Narrative
5th Grade Math Group
I can......convert among different-sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system, and use these conversions in solving multi-step, real-world problems.
1. Open your 5th grade math book to page 228 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Lesson 22- Solve Word Problems Involving Conversions https://youtu.be/wMzIfZNPpOww
2. Complete pages 232- 235.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pages 232-235 (30 minutes).
6th Grade Math Group
I can....find the volume of a right rectangular prism with fractional edge lengths.
1. Open your 6th grade math book to page 286 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Lesson 25- Volumehttps://youtu.be/NoVKKqRCBa00
2. Complete pgs. 290- 293.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 290-293 (30 minutes).
7th Grade Math Group
I can.........construct nets for right rectangular prisms and cylinders and use the nets to compute surface area.
1. Open your 7th grade math book to page 272 and then go to Google Classroom to play the instruction video titled, Lesson 24- Surface Area of Solids.https://youtu.be/OYl0Q6MhYZg
2. Complete pgs. 276- 279.
3. Work to be turned in: Ready Math book pgs. 276-279 (30 minutes).
I can... analyze the scale of our solar system and its components: our solar system includes the sun, moon, seven other planets and their moons, and many other objects like asteroids and comets.
1. Log into Google Classroom and open the NASA- Solar System- Google Slide Presentation assignment.
2.Use the website and other websites you find to research a planet of your own choosing.
3. Create a Google Slide presentation to share what you have learned about your planet.
4. Rubric for Google Slide presentation will be shared on Google Classroom.
5. Work to be turned in for a grade: Planet Google Slide Presentation Due Wednesday, March 25th. (1 week)