E-Learning Day March 19th, 2020
Good morning class and Happy National Let's Laugh Day! Bring your best joke to our Google Meet in the morning. I am so proud of your hard work this week, keep it up! As we continue our virtual learning, please remember that it is very important to stay on top of and complete your work each day. You can check in with us this morning in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! Can’t wait to see you all then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- Apply the writing process to –
Generate a draft by developing, selecting and organizing ideas relevant to topic, purpose, and genre. (5.W.4)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (100 minutes to complete)
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message in Google Classroom. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Planning an Essay Organizer. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, I will share today’s learning targets and model how to start planning our opinion essay. (10 mins)
- AFTER watching the instruction video, complete the Introduction paragraph section in your Opinion Writing Planning Graphic Organizer on page 57 of your blue folder. Go into SeeSaw and upload a photo of your finished work. (20 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Word Scramble. Create as many words as you can using the list of affixes given. Set a timer and see how many you can create in 5 minutes. Then submit your work. (7 mins)
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #4. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind read aloud. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Chapter 8 Read Aloud- Google Form. Take the quiz and submit. (10 mins)
- I can…I can convert among different sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system and use those conversions in solving real world problems.
Today’s Math Work Checklist (30 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video:Modeled and Guided Lesson 22 Thursday. In this video, I will introduce the learning target for the week as well as our new lesson. Follow along in your math instruction book while watching the video. (15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called PPS book page 249-250. You will complete your PPS in a Google Form today. Submit your work when you are finished. (15 mins)