E-Learning Day March 18th, 2020
Good morning class and National Awkward moments day! We’ve all had those moments where we’ve sat down and missed a step and almost fall on your face, but instead wave your arms and look like a fool? Oh wait, is that just me? As we continue our virtual learning, please remember that it is very important to stay on top of and complete your work each day. You can check in with us this morning in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! Can’t wait to see you all then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- Apply knowledge of word structure elements, known words, and word patterns to determine meaning (e.g., word origins, common Greek and Latin affixes and roots, parts of speech). (5.RV.2.4)
- Apply the writing process to –
Generate a draft by developing, selecting and organizing ideas relevant to topic, purpose, and genre. (5.W.4)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (100 minutes to complete)
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message in Google Classroom. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Painted Essay Model. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Mrs. McMeans will share today’s learning targets and share our new model essay. She will be our guest teacher today!! (10 mins)
- AFTER watching the instruction video, in Google Classroom complete the assignment called Google Form- Model Essay. These are questions that go along with Mrs. McMeans’ video. (15 minutes)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Vocab tree “greatness”. Complete the 2 parts of the assignment and submit. (10 mins)
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #3. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind read aloud. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind Chapter 7 Read Aloud- Response. (10 mins)
- I can…I can convert among different sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system and use those conversions in solving real world problems.
Today’s Math Work Checklist (35 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Introduction pg. 228-229. This is a screencastify video of me going through the introduction. Please go through and fill it out as I teach and go through the lesson. (15 mins)
- Please complete Practice and Problem Solving pages 247-248 and take a picture on seesaw when you are finished! . (20 mins)