eLearning Monday, March 16, 2020--7th grade BLUE Instructional Day
I CAN...communicate and evaluate interests and ideas in writing and orally.
I CAN…analyze appropriate career paths based on my interests and strengths.
I CAN...use evidence to analyze, compare & contrast, reflect, and draw conclusions based on information.
I CAN...utilize a variety of modern technologies to support my learning (Museum of Science & Industry school goal from school partnership)
Connections to Indiana Standards:
- Academic Standards: Career Awareness connected to Science & Engineering Process Standards
Science and Engineering Process Standards (SEPS): SEPS.2 Developing and Using Models and tools; SEPS.4 Analyzing and interpreting data; SEPS.5 Using mathematics and computational thinking (quantitative relationships); SEPS.8 Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Science Literacy Standards (LST): 6-8.LST.1.1: Read and comprehend technical texts; 6-8.LST.3.1: Determine the meaning of symbols; 6-8.LST.4.1: Integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, or table); 6-8.LST.6.2: Use technology to produce and publish writing and present the relationships between information and ideas clearly and efficiently.
- College & Career Readiness/Awareness: Domain--Exploring Careers: Students investigate one or more Career Clusters and Indiana’s College and Career Pathways, based on individual interests, to further define career goals.
- Employability Skills Standards: Mindsets (M): 2. Self-Confidence: 6-8.M.4 Demonstrate continuous growth in self-understanding AND Learning Strategies (LS): 10. Effective Communication: 6-8.LS.1 Communicate information to audiences in a variety of format and 11. Aptitude Awareness: 6-8.LS.4 Identify possible career choices and high school course selection using self-assessment (including an appraisal of strengths, interests, and values)
PART A: "Charts, Tables, and Graphs, Oh My!"
- Go to Google Classroom page
- Open the assignment "Charts, Tables, and Graphs, Oh My!"
- View the Google Slideshow and listen to Mrs. Hamann's video recording for the instructional explanation
- Follow along the instruction as tomorrow will be our "Practice Day" where you will complete on your own
PART B: Women's History Month "Women of STEM"
1. Go to Google Classroom page
2. Open assignment "Women of STEM" Slideshow project, view and listen to Mrs. Hamann's recording for the instructional explanation
3. Choose ONE woman of STEM to research
4. Use the Google Slideshow template to research and fill out for your chosen woman of STEM
5. Slide #2 has the choices and Slide #3 has the elements needed for your slideshow
6. Submit to Google Classroom; PROJECT GRADE DUE Thursday, March 26th