E-Learning Day March 16th, 2020
Good morning class and welcome to a wonderful E-Learning Instruction Day! We will be continuing our learning virtually, and understand that it is new and will be challenging at first. I am here to help make this transition go as smoothly as possible. Please remember to check in each morning around 9 a.m. for the day's assignment. You can check in with me daily in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! See you then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can… Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- I can... Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support claims in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which claims. (5.RN.4.1)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (110 minutes to complete)
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Instruction Video: Developing an Opinion Note-Catcher. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, I will share today’s learning targets and model the work we will start to lead our discussion tomorrow. (8-10 mins)
- AFTER watching the instruction video, complete page 48 in your blue folders: “Preparing for a Text-Based Discussion: Jackie Robinson Note Catcher. (20-25 mins)
- Log into SeeSaw. The log in information is listed in an assignment in google classroom. Click on the Assignment called Preparing for a Text-Based Discussion, upload a picture of your completed page in your blue folder. (5 mins)
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 30 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 30 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #1. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (40 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Out of My Mind read aloud. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (12 mins)
- In SeeSaw- Respond to Assignment called Chapter 8. You can do a video recording or answer the question using the notes feature. (10 mins)
Today’s Math Work Checklist (45 minutes to complete)
I can… Convert among different-sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system, and use these conversions in solving multi-step real-world problems. (5.M.1)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Math Instruction Video: Page 224-225. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, I will share today’s learning targets and walk you through today’s math lesson. Follow along in your Math Instruction Books. You should be completing this work as we work through the lesson. Google Classroom (10 mins)
- In your Practice and Problem Solving books, complete pages 243-244. (20 mins)
- Go to see saw and click on the assignment called PPS 243-244 record yourself showing me your answers and your work.
For your P.E. assignment today, click HERE!
For your Music assignment today, click HERE!