I can…summarize information about geometric transformations.
In this lesson, you will watch a youtube video titled "Translations, Reflections, and Rotations". Once you have watched the video, you will answer questions about geometric transformations.
Steps of Lesson:
- Go to Google Classroom.
- Find the assignment titled "E-Learning 1/31/20"
- Follow the instructions on the assignment.
- Turn in the assignment on Google Classroom.
Work to be turned in:
The assingment titled "E-Learning 1/31/20" should be turned in on Google Classroom.
English Language Arts 8th
You are going to listen to journalist podcasts about "Enrique's Journey. "
1. Go to Google Classroom.
2. Go to the posted assignment, click the link to NPR's Podcast and Article: Against Perils and Odds: A Boy's Trek to the U.S.
2. Copy the listening questions into a Google Document.
3. Answer the questions related to the podcast.
4. Once completed, submit via Google Classroom.
Standard 8.R.N.2.2 is covered today.
-I can determine the central idea of a nonfiction text.
-I can analyze the development of the central idea in the nonfiction text.
-I can analyze the role of supporting ideas to the central idea.
English Language Arts 7th
Language Arts 7th grade - Krueger Middle School
I can... read a variety of literature within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 6-8. By the end of grade 7, students interact with texts proficiently and independently at the middle of the range and with scaffolding as needed for texts at the high end of the range.
7.RN.1 Read a variety of nonfiction within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 6-8. By the end of grade 7, students interact with texts proficiently and independently at the middle of the range and with scaffolding as needed for texts at the high end of the range.
7.RN.2.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what a text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- Lesson Description
We will continue to work on our reading through Independent Reading. Please check your Google Classroom for an "assignment" regarding your reading for the day. We will completing a lesson assigned through Common Lit called "Truth" by Nikki Grimes. This is continuing on with our Citing Evidence work. Also, some students will need to make-up for re-take the Standards Mastery for January. Students should log in through Google Classroom.
Steps of the Lesson:
1. Read your Independent Reading book for at least 20 minutes. Follow Google Classroom assignment on Classwork page. You may use the following links to go to Google Classroom: Google Classroom Block 1, Google Classroom Block 2, or Google Classroom Block 5.
2. Complete the assignment on Google Classroom/Common Lit (do not log in through Clever - log in through Google Classroom).
by Nikki Grimes
3. You may have to take/re-take Standards Mastery test before you can access the lesson. Please email me if you need your Standards Mastery re-set.
4. Other great things to do with your time: Quizzlet, Freerice.com and Typing.com (through Clever)
Work to be turned in: Complete assignment on Google Classroom regarding Independent Reading. Complete assignment from CommonLit through Google Classroom.