eLearning Day Agenda
December 09, 2019
8th Grade Social Studies
I can... think like a historian through analyzing, comparing, and contrasting multiple primary and secondary sources for my history fair project.
- 8.1.28 Recognize historical perspective and evaluate alternative courses of action by describing the historical context in which events unfolded.
- 8.1.29 Differentiate between facts and historical interpretations of events, recognizing that the historian’s narrative reflects his or her judgment about the significance of particular facts.
- 8.1.30 Using primary and secondary sources, analyze an issue.
- Go to assigned activity posted on our History Fair Projects Google Classroom page.
- Next, open the link to "Primary and Secondary Source Note Sheets."
- Make a Copy to type on the document or Print to physically fill out the "Primary Source Analysis Sheet" and "Secondary Source Analysis Sheet"
- You need to have six sources completed by class Wednesday, 12/11/19. I have given you two days last week to complete these six sources as well as our e-Learning Day. It can be a combination of Primary Source Sheets and Secondary Source Sheets, or all Primary Source Sheets, or Secondary Source Sheets.
- Remeber that websites ending in .org, .gov, or .edu are the best to use! When using search engines, like Google, remember to look for sources using keywords like:
- "_______" AND "_________"
- Please respond to the questions with DETAILS. Although I am not requiring complete sentences, I want you to be as detailed as possible because these notes will help you when you begin creating your projects. If your notes are bland then they will serve as no assistance to you!
- Again, I will check at the beginning of class Wednesday for the 6 completed Source Analysis Sheets.
If students and families have any questions about the assignments, they can message me through the Remind App or through email. I will be available through these technological platforms from 9 AM - 3 PM.
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org