eLearning Day Agenda
November 12, 2019
7th Grade Social Studies
I can... compare and contrast two early empires in India, the Mauryan and Gupta, through a reading and graphic organizer.
I can... explain the cultural traditions of the religion of Jainism through watching a video and answering questions.
- 7.1.2 Describe, compare, and contrast the historical origins, central beliefs and spread of major religions. Example: Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- Go to assigned activity posted on our Social Studies Google Classroom page.
- Next, open the link to watch the Edpuzzle video on Jainism. Complete the questions that pop up during the video. This will be graded. Remember to sign in using your MCAS google account to Edpuzzle.
- Complete reading on Indian Empires on Clever through Discovery Techbook. As you read, please fill out the corresponding "Indian Empires Graphic Organizer" writing notes of the Mauryan and Gupta Empires years, location, religion, leaders, and listing three cultural characteristics. Please type your answers into the Graphic Organizer.
- Turn in (upload) the attached and completed Google Doc on the Google Classroom assignment page.
If students and families have any questions about the assignments, they can message me through the Remind App or through email. I will be available through these technological platforms from 9 AM - 3 PM.
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.