E- Learning Monday December 9th
E-Learning Day December 9th, 2019
Good Morning and welcome to another E-Learning Day.
Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below. I will be availalbe throughout the day if you have any questions. Just post them in Google Classroom and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I can… Read and comprehend a variety of nonfiction within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 4-5.(5.RN.1)
I can... Determine two or more main ideas of a text and explain how they are supported by key details; summarize the text. (5.RN.2)
Reading (20-30 minutes to complete)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Examples of How We Can Help Save the Rainforest. In this assignment, you will be directed to NewsELA where there is an article assigned to you. Please read the article and complete the assignments linked with it. Please highlight any words you do not understand in red. Any connections you make between the reading today and what we discussed Friday about saving the rainforest, highlight those in yellow. Submit when you are finished.
Independent Reading (20 minutes to complete)
- Select a book, magazine, newspaper, online articles or other reading material to read independently today. Ready for 20 minutes. You will respond to your reading today, like we’ve been doing in our reading journal. Since you do not have your journal with you, please get a piece of paper and include the following. Date (12/9/19), Title of what you read, pages read, a paragraph summarizing what you read. Remember the Criteria for an Effective Summary when writing your summary.
Writing (15-20 minutes to complete)
I can...write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called How Can I Help Save the Rainforest. Read the directions and complete the response. Make sure to turn in your work when it is complete.
Math (40 minutes to complete)
I can… use visual models to mulitply a fraction by a fratcion and by a whole number.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Multiplying Whole Numbers by Fractions- Google Slides. The directions to each slide are under each slide. Once you have finished, please hit the turn in button.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Multiplying Fractions by Fractions- Google Slides. The directions to each slide are under each slide. Once you have finished, please hit the turn in button.
- In I-Ready, complete 20 minutes in your Math Pathways. Write down the name of the lessons you complete as well as your scores on a sheet of paper and bring them back to school with you tomorrow.
For your gym assignment for the day, please click HERE.
For your music assignment for the day, please click HERE.