E- Learning Tuesday March 17, 2020
E-Learning Day March 17, 2020
Good morning class and Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Don’t forget to put on something green today. As we continue our virtual learning, please remember that it is very important to stay on top of and complete your work each day. You can check in with us this morning in a Google Meet at 9:15. I will post the Google Meet code at 9:10 each morning in Google Classroom, and we can start our day together as a class! Can’t wait to see you all then!
Here is a list of today’s work. Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below.
ELA- Reading and Writing
- I can… Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) on grade-appropriate topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing personal ideas clearly. (5.SL.2.1)
- Pose and respond to specific questions by making comments that contribute to the discussion and elaborate on the remarks of others. (5.SL.2.4)
- I can... Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support claims in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which claims. (5.RN.4.1)
Today’s ELA Work Checklist (100 minutes to complete)
- 9:10 a.m In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Morning Check-in. We will start each morning in Google Meet. I will post the meeting code in this assignment. If you miss the live video, watch the video and comment with the answer to today’s morning message. This will be your attendance check-in for the day. (10-15 mins)If you missed the live meet click HERE to watch the replay.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Practice Video: Text-Based Discussion. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Miss Krueger will share today’s learning targets and model our class discussion. (10 mins)Watch the video HERE!
- AFTER watching the practice video, remind yourself of our Class Discussion Norms. This is posted as a resource in Google Classroom. (5 mins)To access this resource, click HERE.
- AFTER watching the practice video AND reviewing the discussion norms, you are ready to participate in your Text-Based Discussion. Log into SeeSaw. In the assignment called Text-Based Discussion, you will record yourself sharing your opinions (reasons, evidence, and elaborations) from your note-catcher from page 48 in your blue folder. (15 minutes)
- After you have submitted your portion of the discussion, you must respond to at least 2 other classmates’ videos. (10 minutes)
- Independent Reading- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Timer. Set a timer for 20 minutes and read your AR book.. After you have read for 20 minutes, write a letter in your Reading Response Letter packet. It should be Letter #2. Record your text title and a summary of your reading for the day. This should be AT LEAST 1 paragraph. (30 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Hoot read aloud. Listen to the chapter being read aloud. (15 mins)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Hoot Chapter 8 Read Aloud- Google Form. Take the quiz and submit. (10 mins)Find the Google Form quiz HERE.
Today’s Math Work Checklist (45 minutes to complete)
- I can…Formulate questions that can be addressed with data and make predictions about the data. Use observations, surveys, and experiments to collect, represent, and interpret the data using tables (including frequency tables), line plots, bar graphs, and line graphs. Recognize the differences in representing categorical and numerical data. (5.DS.1)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Math Instruction Video: Page 244-245. Watch the Screencastify video. In this video, Mrs. McMeans will share today’s learning targets and walk you through today’s math lesson. Follow along in your Math Instruction Books. You should be completing this work as we work through the lesson. (20 mins)Watch today's math video HERE!
- In your Practice and Problem Solving books, complete pages 259-260. (25 mins)
- Log into SeeSaw, and find the assignment called PPS pg. 259-260. Upload a picture of your finished pages and submit your work.