E- Learning November 12th
e-Learning Day November 12th, 2019
Good Morning and welcome to another E-Learning Day.
Please complete each assignment posted in Google Classroom. “I can” statements for each assignment are listed below. I will be availalbe throughout the day if you have any questions. Just post them in Google Classroom and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Morning Work (10 minutes to complete)
To check in and get started this morning, please complete your Tuesday Morning Work. This is in a Google Form just like it normally is.
Reading (20 to 30 minutes to complete)
I can… orally read grade-level appropriate or higher texts smoothly and accurately, with expression that connotes comprehension at the independent level.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Newsela: Deforestation. Read the article. As you read, if you make any connections to the start of our unit yesterday, highlight them in green. Then, complete the quiz that follows.
Independent Reading (20 minutes to complete)
- Select a book, magazine, newspaper, online articles or other reading material to read independently today. Ready for 20 minutes. You will respond to your reading as a part of your writing today. On a sheet of paper, record the title of the book or article you read, the author, the pages read, and AT LEAST a paragraph describing what you read today. Turn this is when you return tomorrow.
I can...Write routinely over a variety of time frames and for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences; apply reading standards to support reflection and response to literature and nonfiction texts. (5.W.1)
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Rainforest Adventures: Insects. Read the directions and complete the response.
I can… Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators, including mixed numbers (5.C.4)
- In I-Ready, complete 20 minutes in your Math Pathways. Write down the name of the lessons you complete as well as your scores on a sheet of paper and bring them back to school with you tomorrow.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Google Slides: Adding Fractions. Complete slides 1-6 and then hit the turn in button. Show any work on a separate sheet of paper and turn in tomorrow.
Social Studies (20-30 minutes)
We are going to begin a new unit in social studies on Native Americans. Before we get into any details about the topic, you are going to complete a word sort activity that will introduce some important vocabulary that they will be learning about in the unit.
In this activity you will read different words related to Native Americans and decide which larger category the word belongs in.
- In Google Classroom, click on the assignment called Native Americans: Word Sort. Read the list of words on the right hand side. Decide which category you think each word belongs in and type the word in the correct box. Don’t forget to hit the turn in button when you have completed it.