English 8th grade
1. Open the Google Form and read the article: "What Are Auroras" by Georgiana Tomes.
2. Answer the text based questions.
3. Submit responses.
-I can identify what is explicitly stated in a text.
-I can make inferences based on textual evidence.
-I can identify and quote passages from a text to support my response.
-I can cite several pieces of textual evidence to support my inferences.
-I can determine the strongest evidence used to support my response.
Language Arts 7th grade - Krueger Middle School
I can... read a variety of literature within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 6-8. By the end of grade 7, students interact with texts proficiently and independently at the middle of the range and with scaffolding as needed for texts at the high end of the range.
7.W.3.2 I can write informative compositions in a variety of forms that – ● Introduce a topic clearly, previewing what is to follow; organize ideas, concepts, and information, using strategies such as definition and classification; include formatting (e.g., headings), graphics (e.g., charts, tables), and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension. ● Develop the topic with relevant facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples from various sources and texts.
- Lesson Description
We will continue to work on our reading through Independent Reading. Please check your Google Classroom for an "assignment" regarding your reading for the day. We will recap what we have been learning about Compare and Contrast Informational Essays and complete an assignment checking our learning. Students should log in through Google Classroom.
Steps of the Lesson:
1. Read your Independent Reading book for at least 20 minutes. Follow Google Classroom assignment on Classwork page. You may use the following links to go to Google Classroom: Google Classroom Block 1, Google Classroom Block 2, or Google Classroom Block 5.
2. Complete the assignment regarding the Painted Essay and Compare/Contrast Informational Essay on Google Classroom. All well-thought out and detailed educated "guesses" will count for full credit for this assignment.
3. If time, work on iReady - remember your Reading goal is 45+ minutes a week with 2 quizzes passed.
4. Other great things to do with your time: Quizzlet (review parts of speech) and Typing.com
Work to be turned in: Complete assignment on Google Classroom regarding Independent Reading. Complete assignment on Google Classroom regarding Painted Essay/Compare and Constrast Essay.
8th Grade Math
I can…solve for the slope of a linear equation given two ordered pairs.
In this lesson, solve for the slope of a linear equation given two ordered pairs on the line.
Steps of Lesson:
1. Go to Google Classroom.
2. Find the assignment titled "E-Learning 11/12/19".
3. Follow the instructions on the assignment.
4. Turn in the assignment on Google Classroom.
Work to be turned in:
The assingment titled "E-Learning 11/12/19" should be turned in on Google Classroom.
Math 7th grade -
- Lesson Description