8th grade Math
I can…solve one step equations by using inverse operations.
In this lesson you will use inverse operations to solve one step equations.
Steps of Lesson:
- Go to Google Classroom.
- Find the assignment titled "E-Learning 12/9/19".
- Follow the instructions on the assignment.
- Turn in the assignment on Google Classroom.
Work to be turned in:
The assingment titled "E-Learning 12/9/19" should be turned in on Google Classroom.
7th grade Math
- I can... find the unit rate and slope of a line and graph a linear equation 7.AF.4
- Steps of the Lesson:
- Do eLearning warmup in Google Classroom.
- Complete p. 150-153 in your instruction book.
- Complete p. 155-162 in your PPS Book. (Due Friday)
- Make sure you COMPLETE your lessons for I-ready. (Due FRIDAY)
- Work to be turned in: Your Warmup in Google Classroom immediately for attendance. Answer the questions for p. 150-153 in your instruction book. Turn in hard copies of p.155-162 (PPS) when you return to school. Make sure you have completed your I-ready lessons.
8th Grade English Language Arts
1. Listen to a TED Talk about poetry and spoken words, "Don't Take My Air Jordans." by Reg. E. Gaines, performed by Lemon Anderson.
2. Analyze the theme of the poem, “Don’t Take My Air Jordans” by Reg. E. Gaines, performed by Lemon Anderson : https://www.ted.com/talks/lemon_andersen_please_don_t_take_my_air_jordans/transcript
4. Open a Google Document and submit answers to the questions via Google Classroom: Answer 2 theme based questions and 1 Writing Prompt reflection about the TED talk.
8.R.L.2.2: Analyze the development of a theme or central idea over the course of a work of literature, including its relationship to the characters, setting, and plot; provide a detailed summary that supports the analysis.
8.R.L.3.2: Analyze a particular point of view or cultural experience in a work of world literature considering how it reflects heritage, traditions, attitudes, and beliefs.
8.M.L.2.2: Analyze and interpret how people experience media messages differently, depending on point of view, culture, etc.
-I can analyze the development of a theme or central idea over the course of a work of literature.
-I can analyze the relationship between a story's theme and the characters, plot, or setting of the story.
-I can determine the point of view of a work of literature.
-I can analyze how the point of view of characters reflects the heritage, traditions, attitude, beliefs, or experience of the culture represented in the story.
7th Grade English Language Arts
I can... read a variety of literature within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 6-8. By the end of grade 7, students interact with texts proficiently and independently at the middle of the range and with scaffolding as needed for texts at the high end of the range.
7.RN.1 Read a variety of nonfiction within a range of complexity appropriate for grades 6-8. By the end of grade 7, students interact with texts proficiently and independently at the middle of the range and with scaffolding as needed for texts at the high end of the range.
7.RN.2.1 Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what a text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
- Lesson Description
We will continue to work on our reading through Independent Reading. Please check your Google Classroom for an "assignment" regarding your reading for the day. We will be reading an informational text about refugees from Sudan and answering questions through Common Lit. Students should log in through Google Classroom.
Steps of the Lesson:
1. Read your Independent Reading book for at least 20 minutes. Follow Google Classroom assignment on Classwork page. You may use the following links to go to Google Classroom: Google Classroom Block 1, Google Classroom Block 2, or Google Classroom Block 5.
2. Complete the assignment titled
VOICE OF WITNESS: A SUDANESE REFUGEE’S ORAL HISTORY
from Common Lit. The link is on Google Classroom.
3. Other great things to do with your time: Quizzlet, Freerice.com and Typing.com (through Clever)
Work to be turned in: Complete assignment on Google Classroom regarding Independent Reading. Complete assignment on Google Classroom from Common Lit.