MCAS is Going "Green" with Peachjar!
Beginning July 1, 2019, Michigan City Area Schools will transition to a new electronic flyer communication tool called "Peachjar."
As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have moved from distributing paper copies to digital flyer delivery via Peachjar, a free online service for schools.
E-flyers will be emailed directly to parents’ inboxes, as well as posted online for easy access. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
Once a flyer is posted to a school's Peachjar site, parents can view the flyer through the Peachjar link on each individual school’s home page. Additionally, flyers will be delivered to all parents' emails as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see the flyer and be able to click through to an organization's website to sign-up. Flyers will also be viewed by those using our MCAS App (launching in summer 2019).
Want to Submit a Flyer?
Peachjar charges organizations a fee to use this service that is typically less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. (Community organizations that do not charge for their programs/services may be allowed to display e-flyers for free.) To learn more about Peachjar, visit www.peachjar.com.
All flyers that are not generated by Michigan City Area Schools or any of its individual schools will be prompted to include the following disclaimer as part of the Peachjar posting process: "Michigan City Area Schools does not endorse and is not responsible for any business, service or event advertised in this flyer."
All promotional materials must be submitted at least two weeks prior to distribution, if possible.
To request flyer approval:
1. Visit www.peachjar.com or click on the Peachjar button on any school's home page.
2. Register as an "Enrichment Provider" (account type).
3. Upload flyer for approval. MCAS staff will then review the material and approve or deny the request based on the standards below.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our schools, these instructions do not apply. Please contact your school's secretary or principal for details!
Michigan City Area Schools approves the distribution of:
Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or families, a healthy use of leisure time, and/or a special enrichment activity not duplicated by MCAS or an affiliated program.
Michigan City Area Schools does not approve the distribution of:
• Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization, or political viewpoint.
• Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a for-profit business.
• Materials for events deemed by the district as not suitable for children.
• Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint. Informational material re: events and/or activities by religious organizations may be considered if the material complies with other guidelines and does not proselytize (attempt to convert or ask to join) a religion.
Our Peachjar Sites:
A. K. Smith Career Center Peachjar Web site
Barker Middle School Peachjar Web site
Coolspring Elementary Peachjar Web site
Edgewood Elementary Peachjar Web site
Joy Elementary Peachjar Web site
Knapp Elementary Peachjar Web site
Krueger Middle School Peachjar Web site
Lake Hills Elementary Peachjar Web site
Marsh Elementary Peachjar Web site
Michigan City High School Peachjar Web site
Niemann (PreK) Peachjar Web Site
Pine Elementary Peachjar Web site
Springfield Elementary Peachjar Web site